Love is definitely in the air, with many couples getting engaged or married in recent weeks. Perhaps you’re one of the lucky couples that will be tying the knot very soon! Your wedding will be one of the biggest events in your life, but it might also be one of the most stressful. We can’t help with seating charts, or venues, but we can help you achieve the best skin of your life in time for your wedding day. Here is our bridal skincare guide.
- Start smoothing wrinkles. For many of us, our weddings coincide with the time of our lives where we discover our first set of fine lines or wrinkles. Before you think about going under the knife (or the needle), there are many gentle, topical treatments that can help smooth out and soften existing lines while preventing future ones. Look for one that contains ingredients that will boost collagen and increase cell turnover, like retinol.
Try: SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.3 Refining Night Cream, an anti-aging cream packed with retinol and other ingredients that will repair damaged skin, reduce existing lines, and prevent future ones.
- Maximize your glow. Your engagement ring isn’t the only thing that should sparkle. Get gorgeous, glowing skin by incorporating a facial peel into your regular skincare routine. Invest in a professional-grade peel that you can use a couple of times a week. Regular use will remove dulling dead skin cells, brighten and even out your skin tone, refine pores, unclog blackheads and leave you looking radiant. Regular use of a facial peel will also help fade acne scars.
Try: Kerstin Florian Correcting At-Home Professional Peel. This peel’s smoothing combination of glycolic acid, lactic acid, and botanical extracts will leave your skin feeling and looking flawless.
- Fight acne for good. If acne is a concern, it might be time to overhaul your regimen and start using one that will clear breakouts once and for all. Using an anti-acne system will ensure that all of the products contain breakout-busting ingredients and will work synergistically to clear your skin, without irritating it. A great acne treatment will contain ingredients that will fight acne from within the deepest layers of the skin, soothe any existing inflammation, and help fade and prevent acne scars.
Try: Eucerin Acne Regimen. Take the guesswork out of your skincare routine with this set that contains every product you need to treat and prevent breakouts in no time.
- Think about your lashes. Using a lash-enhancing treatment will help thicken and lengthen your lashes so you can have a full, fluttery fringe of lashes on your big day. If you’re planning on wearing lash extensions or fake eyelashes to your wedding, a lash treatment will strengthen your natural lashes and prevent breakage when you are wearing your falsies.
Try: Lilash Eye Conditioning Serum, a purified eyelash serum that will condition and strengthen your lashes and follicles.
- Don’t forget to stay calm. Stress can cause an increase in cortisol, which can lead to breakouts or aggravate skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea. If you let stress go unchecked, you might also notice an increase in skin irritations or rashes. It can also disrupt your sleep patterns. It’s easy to forget to relax when you’re planning a wedding, so make sure you schedule enough me-time during the process and practice some relaxing, deep breathing exercises.
Try: Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Balm, a rich balm with a combination of soothing and relaxing vetivert, chamomile, and sandalwood essential oils that will calm your nerves and help you drift off to sleep.