New year, new you! It’s time to leave 2016 behind and make way for a bright and beautiful 2017. Make sure you add these beauty resolutions to your list for your most gorgeous year ever. These easy tips will add maximum impact with minimal effort. Happy New Year!
- Layer your products. Layering your products in the correct order will give you the most benefits, so it’s always worth a little extra effort. After cleansing, we usually recommend starting with the lightest products (like serums) and then building to a heavier moisturizer. We are also fans of locking in moisture with a specially formulated facial oil, which gives us glowing skin in the colder months.
Try: StriVectin LABS High Performance Booster Oil. This nourishing oil delivers essential vitamins and fatty acids to strengthen and firm the skin while softening lines.
- Get regular exercise. Besides keeping you in your skinny jeans, regular exercise has numerous health benefits; including improved cardiovascular health, better muscle tone and flexibility, and a reduced risk of diabetes. Exercise is also wonderful for your skin. Exercise increases blood flow, carrying oxygen and nutrients to your skin, and flushing out cellular debris, in turn maximizing the skin’s repair mechanisms and giving you a gorgeous, post-workout glow.
Try: Mio Workout Wonder Invigorating Muscle Motivating Gel. Whether you favor Zumba or Cross Fit, this cooling gel will instantly soothe tired muscles while easing aches and inflammation to speed up recovery.
- Don’t skimp on SPF. We all know how important sun protection is. Sun exposure can lead to premature aging and skin cancer, so protecting your skin from the sun is non-negotiable. Make sure you are as protected as possible by following these rules: always choose a sunscreen that is broad spectrum and covers both UVA and UVB rays, apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before you head outside, and make sure you apply enough sunscreen (about a Dirham’s size for the face, and at least one ounce for the body).
Try: Hamilton Sunscreen Total Block SPF110. This sunscreen has been specially formulated to provide an extremely high SPF in a waterproof formula.
- Prioritize ‘me time’. In today’s busy world, it can be easy to forget to take care of yourself. Taking just a few moments out to yourself is essential for maintaining good mental and emotional health, and the benefits stretch into your health and even your appearance. Why not run a warm bubble bath, light a few candles, put on a face mask and enjoy some well-deserved pampering?
Try: Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask. This easy-to-apply sheet mask will drench your skin in moisture, restore suppleness, and encourage your skin’s natural recovery function, while the relaxing scent encourages relaxation.
- Get serious about exfoliation. The bad news; as we get older, our skin’s natural exfoliation and turnover process slows down, which can lead to dull, uneven skin. The good news; today’s exfoliators can amp up the turnover, giving you gorgeous, glowing skin in no time. Regular exfoliation not only removes the layer of dulling, dead skin cells to make way for fresher, younger-looking cells, it can also encourage collagen production for bouncier, younger skin in the long run.
Try: Rodial Super Acids X-treme Acid Rush Peel. Combining a complex of fruit acids, gentle refining enzymes, and strengthening probiotics, this peel will completely rejuvenate your skin’s appearance and reduce imperfections, fine lines, and wrinkles.