When it comes to her wedding day, every bride wants to look her absolute best. Brides spend large amounts of money on their hair, makeup, dress, and even shoes, but often neglect their skin. With all eyes on you, you want to make sure that everything is perfect, and a great skincare routine before the wedding will ensure you walk down the aisle with flawless, blemish-free, glowing skin. Here are some of our best skincare tips for brides. Consider this your bridal skincare boot camp.
- Start early and begin with the basics. The earlier you start the more time you have to achieve flawless skin before the wedding. Swapping out your regular facial cleanser for a gentle brightening one is a great place to start. We like Yllume Cleanser, a gentle cleanser that contains carotenoids, vitamins, Tumeric and Papaya extract to slow down melanin production for a bright and even complexion.
- Invest in an all-purpose daily treatment. Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel is a universally loved, two-step peel that contains professional grade alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids to diminish dark spots and wrinkles while reducing pore size. The pre-soaked pads are gentle enough to use every day for flawless skin.
- Treat yourself to a weekly face and eye mask. Amp up your skincare efforts with a weekly mask like StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask, a fifteen-minute rejuvenating mask that contains a dual-action complex of brightening ingredients and AHAs for an even skin tone and younger looking skin. Don’t forget the area around your eyes. Try Elemis Absolute Eye Mask, a brightening treatment that contains extracts of rose, lavender, cornflower and camellia to decongest, firm, tone, and brighten the eye area.
- Keep breakouts at bay. Keep your skin smooth and blemish free by regular use of a deep cleansing tool like Bliss Porefector Gadget, a multi-tasking tool that will eliminate grime and detoxify your skin. It also uses lower-level vibrations to massage your products onto your skin and increase circulation for a healthy, toned complexion.
- Cover up. Exposing your skin to the sun may undo all of your hard work. Keep UV damage like sunspots and fine lines at bay by keeping your skin protected with a high-protection sunscreen that won’t clog your pores or cause breakouts. Try Dermalogica Pure Light SPF30, a lightweight sunscreen that also contains brightening ingredients and conditioning nutrients.