Just because it’s summertime doesn’t mean you can slack on your skincare. Many people would be surprised to find that their skin actually becomes a little dehydrated during the summer, despite the increase in sweat and oil production. The excessive heat, not drinking enough water and even dry air from the air conditioners can suck the moisture right out of your skin. Applying moisturizer to oily skin may seem counterintuitive, but when your skin’s hydration levels start to drop, your skin starts to overcompensate by producing even more oil. Applying a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated will prevent your skin from producing too much oil.
Of course, another concern during the summer is sun exposure. Sun exposure can cause premature aging and skin damage. By choosing a hydrating cream with an SPF, you will protect your skin from the sun while balancing it out and keeping it moisturized. Below are five of our favorite hydrating creams with built-in sun protection, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Anne Semonin Oligo Protect Cream (SPF 15) – This lightweight day cream contains minerals and trace elements derived from the sea that brighten the skin and strengthen its natural protective barrier. It also contains moisturizing ingredients that will prevent premature aging.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery (SPF30) – This daily moisturizer contains ingredients that will keep increase collagen production and keep your existing collagen. It also contains glucosamine to help reduce age spots, and is free from artificial colorants and fragrances, making it perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Eve Lom Moisturiser + SPF 15 – Formulated with rich botanical extracts, this moisturizer will increase radiance and soften the skin. It also contains lactic acid to refine texture and boost hydration and antioxidants to protect against environmental damage.
- Reviderm OPC Pycnogenol Creme PF (SPF 20) – More than just a day cream, this cream contains Pycnogenol (OPC) extracted from grape seeds to protect the skin against damaging environmental factors and slow down the aging process. It also reduces inflammation and soothes the skin.
- Murad Correcting Moisturizer (SPF 15) – This cream is ideal for anyone who tends to get red in the heat or the sun. It contains goji berry and licorice to protect, soothe, and hydrate the skin, as well as a slight green tint to instantly neutralize any redness.