Like most residents of the gulf, we try to get away during the summer. Whether for just a weekend away or a few months, most of us will head off to a more temperate climate at some point this season. And while going on vacation is certainly nothing to complain about, there are some beauty concerns that crop up while you’re on holiday. Not to worry, we’ve got all of your main travel beauty concerns covered!
1. Sunburn. Yes, you are probably going somewhere with a much cooler climate than the UAE. But cooler temperatures can be a little deceiving and they also lead to you spending much more time outdoors than you would back at home. If you happen to fall victim to sunburn, treat it immediately with soothing, cooling aftersun treatment. Eucerin Aftersun is specially formulated to cool and repair sunburned skin, and it will also moisturize and protect your skin from free radicals.
2. Body Breakouts. Body acne is a common skin concern when people are on vacation. Pre-vacation stress, changes in climate, spending lots of time outdoors, and even sitting on a plane for a few hours can all lead to breakouts. Keep your skin blemish-free by using a deep cleansing body wash like Dr. Organic Tea Tree Body Wash, a wash that contains antibacterial Tea Tree Oil and refreshing Peppermint to cleanse, unclog pores, and reduce excess oil.
3. Frizzy hair. Being on vacation sometimes means being away from your hair tools, which can be a little scary. Using the right products will help tame your frizz while bringing out your natural texture. A great leave in conditioner like Sachajuan Leave In Conditioner will hydrate and nourish your hair, minimizing frizz and adding tons of shine.
4. Tired, swollen legs and feet. Walking around all day to see the sights can have unpleasant effects on your legs and feet, like swelling and soreness. Your feet carry you around all day long, so keep them happy and treat them to a soothing, cooling gel. Elemis Instant Refreshing Gel contains Arnica, Birch, Witch Hazel, Camphor and Menthol to instantly soothe and refresh tired limbs.
5. Puffy eyes. Whether caused by too many summer parties, allergies, a day at the pool or in the sea, or long flights, puffy eyes can put a damper on your vacation (not to mention your vacation pictures). We love Exuviance Depuffing Eye Serum, a lightweight serum that contains chamomile, green tea, caffeine and Exuviance’s special Eyeliss and Actiflow, as well as a triple micro-roller applicator to instantly banish puffiness.
– Rebecca Harrsisson