We believe that less is more when it comes to wearing makeup during the summer. Of course, we also believe in gorgeous, polished skin, no matter what the cost. After all, the dream is to look like you’ve just rolled out of bed looking like you can be on the cover of a magazine, right? We like to think we’ve found our happy medium with mineral makeup. Mineral formulas provide just the right amount of coverage, without being too obvious, or feeling too heavy on our skin. They also infuse our skin with minerals and vitamins. So read on for our tips on mastering the ‘No-Makeup’ makeup look and get ready for those #iwokeuplikethis selfies.
1. Cover Your Base. Smooth, polished skin is one of the most important steps when it comes to ‘No-Makeup’ Makeup. Fake a flawless complexion with Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream, which evens out your skin tone, soothes inflammation, and gently refines all at the same time. If you prefer a powder formula, Eve Lom Radiance Mineral Foundation, is talc-free and contains brightening amethyst, ruby and rose quartz. Just buff it on with a big, fluffy brush like Jane Iredale Kabuki Brush for a natural finish.
2. Frame Your Face. If you don’t normally fill in your brows, you definitely should start right this second! Strong brows make a huge difference and are the key to looking polished without looking overdone. Jane Iredale Bitty Brow Kit contains a mineral powder to fill in your brows and a clear wax to make sure they stay looking perfect all day long.
3. Get Some Flirty Peepers. When it comes to getting an effortless, natural look, it’s best to avoid heavy liner and spider lashes. Our favorite trick is tight-lining, or lining just at your lash line and between your lashes. This will give your eyes some definition, without looking too obvious. Apply a couple of coats of mascara like Dr.Hauschka Volume Mascara for a wide-awake look; try pressing the wand directly at the base of your lashes to magically bump up volume.
4. Add Some Color. Youthful cheeks always have a little color to them, so blush is usually a good option. But make sure you don’t add too much blush. You want to look like you just went for a quick stroll around the block, not like you’ve just trekked across the artic. Try The Organic Pharmacy Organic Glam Blusher in Peach, a universal shade that will wake up any skin tone.
5. Pucker Up With Pretty Color. When it comes to barely-there makeup, you want to choose a lipstick that looks like your lips, but better. We like using a creamy lipstick like The Organic Pharmacy Organic Glam Creamy Lipstick, but instead of applying it straight from the tube, we like to dab it on our lips for a long-lasting, natural finish.
– Rebecca Harrisson