Meet the award-winning skincare brand, derma|e. Hailing from Southern California, this family-owned and operated company has been in the skincare industry for almost 30 years and they still run by the same ethics they always have: creating scientifically proven products that are vegan and cruelty free as well as free from parabens, mineral oil, lanolin, gluten and sulfates. They also operate 100% wind energy powered facilities and heavily work with many international charities. It almost sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?
Well, believe it. At the helm of derma|e is Dr. Linda Miles, co-founder and chief formulator. Dr. Linda believes that our bodies have the ability to heal themselves, if given the proper tools. She believes that vitamins and anti-oxidants are the keys to fighting the toxins and free radicals that our bodies are exposed to on a daily basis. These toxins and free radicals can cause skin concerns ranging from wrinkles, to sagging skin and hyperpigmentation.
Based on this theory, all of derma|e’s products are packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, as well as ingredients proven to treat specific concerns, which has led to derma|e becoming one of the leaders in natural skincare. Not bad for a brand that started in a health food store!
But don’t just listen to us, give derma|e a go. It wasn’t easy, but we’ve rounded up some of our favorite derma|e products for you to choose from.
1. Refining Vitamin A and Glycolic Cleanser – Deep cleanse your pores and gently exfoliate your skin with this sulfate-free daily cleanser. Vitamin A and glycolic acid combine to renew and refine the skin, while marine plant extracts and papaya are added for an extra dose of exfoliation for baby soft skin.
2. Very Clear Scrub with Anti-Blemish Complex – Get smooth, blemish-free skin with this effective, yet gentle scrub. Powdered walnut shells will gently slough away dead skin cells, while salicylic acid unclogs pores, tea tree oil fights breakouts, willow bark controls oil production and aloe keeps your skin calm.
3. Tea Tree & E Oil – derma|e calls this their ‘medicine kit in a bottle’, for its ability to treat a wide variety of issues, from cuts and blisters, to dermatitis and eczema, and even bug bites and ringworm. Tea tree oil acts as a powerful antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic, while vitamin E is known for its hydrating, healing and antioxidant properties. The 30ml bottle makes this perfect for travelling.
4. Evenly Radiant Dark Circle Eye Cream with Skin Brightening Complex – Combat dark circles with this rich eye cream that uses bearberry extract to brighten darkness and horse chestnut to boost circulation and de-puff. A pinch of hyaluronic acid moisturizes and plumps up fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Vitalizing Moisturizer SPF 15 with Tamanu and Pomegranate – Protect your skin and hydrate it with this lightweight day cream. Tamanu oil repairs, pomegranate protects from environmental damage, aloe soothes and green tea provides UVA and UVB protection. This moisturize soaks right in, so it’s great to use before makeup.