It seems like everything is coming up roses these days, and there’s a good reason. Roses were hailed for their beauty, and also for their value as a beauty ingredient, by many ancient civilizations, including the ancient Persians, Romans and Egyptians. Which should come as no surprise, considering roses not only treat skin ailments like rosacea, acne or eczema, but also have the ability to relieve stress and anxiety. Add that to their gorgeous, feminine fragrance and beautiful array of colors, and it’s easy to see why roses are often called ‘The Queen of Flowers’.
Today, rose is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. A recent trend towards natural ingredients means that skincare brands are turning to this classic ingredient to give their products an extra boost as well as a touch of luxury. Sound interesting? Here are five of our favorite rose products.
1. Dr. Hauschka Rose Body Oil – Legend has it that rose oil was a favorite of Cleopatra, a woman known for her confidence and sensuality. This nourishing oil blends natural rose essential oil and extracts with sunflower seed oil and jojoba seed oil to soften your skin and soothe your mind. We dare you not to feel confident after using this oil.
2. Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator – Remember when we said that rose is great for treating rosacea and eczema? That’s because of its soothing, hydrating and reparative properties. This exfoliator makes full use of those properties, blending Moroccan rose with cucumber extract to soothe the skin while micro-spherical jojoba beads exfoliate the skin without irritating it. This one is great for softening mature and dehydrated skin.
3. Aromatherapy Associates Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser – Blending together three gorgeous types of roses from Morocco, Bulgaria and Turkey, this moisturizer will make your skin feel soft, toned and hydrated. It also contains rosehip, red algae and frankincense for a super boost of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Lierac Comfort Mask – This pink-tinted mask will instantly soothe and nourish all skin types. It contains shea butter for hydration, apricot oil for suppleness and rose to repair and regenerate. It is great for immediately balancing out stressed, tired skin, and the creamy texture and luxurious scent will relax even the busiest minds.
5. Eve Lom TLC Radiance Cream – This cream does more than just offer your skin a little tender, loving care. Bulgarian Rose Otto oil blends with oat kernel extract, rosehip seed oil sunflower oil and carrot root extract for a moisturizer that will inject new life into dull, mature skin. Use it every day for skin that is visibly lifted and radiant.