It’s finally time to put away the boots and bring out the strappy sandals that have been hanging out in the back of your closet, biding their time until the sun comes out. The UAE has seen one of the chilliest winters in recent years, so you’d be forgiven for choosing warm fuzzy slippers over looking after your feet. But, it’s time to shake your feet out of their winter slumber and prepare them for sandal season. Have no fear if winter has left you feeling a little insecure about the state of your feet, here’s our quick guide to an at-home pedicure that will have your feet ready for the spotlight in no time.
1. Start with a soothing and softening soak. Pour a little Dr. Dennis Gross Purifying Bath Crystals with Himalayan Salt into a basin (or even just the bathtub) with some warm water and let the sodium bicarbonate, colloidal oatmeal and shea butter soften any hard skin or calluses.
2. Once your feet are ready to be buffed, it’s time to pull out the scrub! Elemis Devils Mint Body Scrub will polish away dead skin, revealing fresh skin that is baby-smooth and brighter. The peppermint oil acts as an antiseptic and will invigorate your tootsies.
3. Now it’s time to cover the little details. A kit like Asian Competence Twinox by Zwilling Pour Homme contains everything you need to keep your cuticles in tip-top shape. Use the nail clippers to trim your nails, then very gently push back your cuticles with the flat end of the twin instrument. We don’t recommend trimming your cuticles at home, but if you must, try to avoid cutting them completely as this will leave them vulnerable to infections.
4. After you’ve worked on your cuticles, apply a little Eve Lom Cuticle Cream. The avocado oil, shea butter and beeswax will keep your cuticles healthy and hydrated. Regular use will also promote healthy nail growth, so make sure to massage a little on every night.
5. So, now that you’ve got pretty feet, it’s important to keep them that way. Apply a little bit of Dr. Hauschka’s Rosemary Foot Balm before you hit the sheets at night. The rosemary works wonders to de-stress tired feet and bring them back to life. And the silk powder and sage keep your feet hydrated and happy.
6. If your feet need a little extra TLC, try wearing Bliss Softening Socks a couple nights a week. They have a special polymer gel lining that will activate when you put them on your feet, immersing them in a softening and moisturizing blend of jojoba oil, olive oil, Vitamin E and ceramides. These babies will soften even the toughest heels.