Let’s be honest here, an event that is as big as the Polo Gold Cup is more about socializing than it is about actually watching the sport. You will want to look your best while hobnobbing with the region’s hottest socialites and posing for the paparazzi. As important as it is to get the right look, it’s just as important to make sure that look doesn’t melt away. No one likes looking back at photos of themselves only to be blinded by a shiny forehead or to see their makeup creasing. Because we want you to look your best for the whole day, we’ve put together a list of tips and tricks to ensure your makeup lasts as long as you do.
1. Start with a clean canvas – Using the right cleanser is essential to making sure your makeup lasts. Anything too dry and your skin might overcompensate by producing more oil during the day (leading to excess shine!), too rich and your makeup will just slide right off. Try something effective, yet gentle like Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam. It will gently cleanse your skin and infuse it with oxygen for instant brightness.
2. Prep and prime – If you’ve never used a primer before, prepare to be amazed. Primers work like glue, ensuring your makeup stays on your face and doesn’t budge until you are ready to take it off. If your skin is prone to shine, try Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish to keep your face shine-free all day. Or try their Skin Perfecting Primer Dewy Finish, it has tiny minerals to make your skin glow.
3. Set your makeup – A lot of women skip this step, but it is crucial to ensure that your makeup lasts. Lightly buff a loose powder on top of your makeup for the most natural look, making sure you pay special attention to the T-zone. Dr. Hauschka Illuminating Powder is a great one to try, it contains silk powder and tapioca starch to absorb oils and give you a flawless finish.
4. Get ready to pout – Keep your lips pucker-ready all day by using Lierac Coherence Levres, a smoothing balm that will not only plump your lips, it will also minimize fine lines around your mouth, making sure your lipstick stays put and doesn’t feather. Use it under lipstick or on its own for lips that would make Angelina Jolie jealous.
5. Don’t forget the rest of you – You’re going to be outdoors all day, leaving your limbs exposed to the sun. Keep your arms, chest and legs protected with Lierac Sunific SPF 15, a tanning lotion spray that contains the perfect amount of shimmer. It also moisturizes and firms your skin, so it’s perfect for applying before you leave the house.