As women, we go through so many changes on a daily basis, and it all shows on our skin. We have so many things going on in our lives, like raising a family, having a career, taking care of a home, keeping healthy, looking after ourselves, staying on top of fashion trends…the list goes on and on. The sad truth is that our skin struggles as much as we do. Our skin is the first place that any sort of stress, illness or hormonal issue shows up, usually in the form of breakouts, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation or dry, rough patches. If all of this sounds familiar, we totally get it. It can be super frustrating to deal with all of these skin issues on top of what is going on in your life. Luckily, there is a secret weapon. Well, five of them, to be exact. Please allow us to introduce our favorite at-home peels for gorgeous, smooth, blemish-free skin in just a couple of swipes.
1. Lierac Comfort Peel – This one has the word ‘comfort’ right in its name, so you know it is going to be ultra-gentle. Glycolic acid and salicylic acid are the power duo in this facial renewing cream that minimizes wrinkles and restores hydration levels. This one works for all skin types, but what it does for mature, dry skin is a kind of magic.
2. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel – This peel is a cult classic for a reason. It’s a two-step peel, which makes it seem even more like one that you would get done in a dermatologist’s office. True to its name, this peel contains a glow-revealing mix of alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids, along with a slew of vitamins, antioxidants and even green tea extract for good measure.
3. Reviderm Enzyme Peeling Liquid – A peel that is gentle enough to be used twice a day, this peeling liquid works by loosening dead skin cells, allowing fresh, plump new cells to come to the surface. The results? Increased cell renewal, softer skin and smaller pores.
4. Elemis Papaya Enzyme Skin Peel – Coming from spa-superstars, Elemis, this peel contains papaya and pineapple fruit extracts for a double dose of peeling. It also contains milk protein, vitamin E and algae, to heal, hydrate and protect the skin. Apply the peel for ten to fifteen minutes and rinse off for the brightest, softest, smoothest skin you’ve had in a while.
5. Jan Marini Skin Zyme – If scarring or hyperpigmentation is your main concern, this is the peel you should try. Papaya, lemon, sugar cane and orange extracts combine for a powerful peeling effect, but aloe vera juice, honey and safflower seed ensure the peel does its job without irritating your skin. Together, they all work to rejuvenate the skin, reduce scars and dark spots and give you soft, velvety, even-toned skin.