The beginning of a new year means a lot of different things to different people. For some people it means a chance to start over or a chance for new opportunities. For us, it means one thing: twelve months of brand new beauty trends to try out! Here are some of the biggest upcoming beauty trends for 2014. We hope you’re as excited as we are!
1. Low Ponytails – Sleek, low ponytails were spotted all over the Spring ’14 runways. This low-maintanance look is easy to get; just apply a smoothing serum like Braziliss Revitalizing Luminosity Keratin Serum before blow drying your hair with a flat brush and pulling it into a ponytail at the base of your nape. Use a metallic ponytail holder for a sophisticated, modern take on the look.
2. Natural Makeup – We’ve recently had a lot of drama in terms of makeup, but for 2014, the drama is taking a backseat and soft, feminine makeup is taking center stage. With the spotlight on beautiful skin, use an exfoliator like Lierac Micro Abrasion to buff off dead skin cells, smooth your skin and bring a glow to your complexion.
3. Braided Crowns – Braids have been super popular in recent years and that doesn’t look like it’s going to change. Take a cue from designers like Rebecca Minkoff and position your braids around your head for a modern braided crown. Apply a little Sachajuan Hair Mousse to wet or dry hair before braiding, for a perfectly textured updo.
4. Neon Lips – After months of deep, berry shades, lips are going florescent this year. Ultra-violet orange was a popular color on the runways and it’s a great way to make a statement with minimal effort. Bright shades tend to stain your lips, so use a little bit of Elemis White Flowers Bi-Phase Eye Make Up Remover on a cotton pad to remove any traces of orange.
5. Bronzed Skin – A golden tan is one of your best accessories for 2014. If the word ‘tan’ brings to mind images of bright orange skin from the 80s, fret not. Today’s tan is much more natural and subtle. Try Murad Absolute Bronzing Boost for a perfectly bronze glow – minus the sun damage.
What trends are you looking forward to most? Let us know which ones you’re going to try out this year!