Good bye 2013, hello 2014! To start the new year, I thought I’d share some of my resolutions with you guys. As I’m sure you’ve guessed, we’re all pretty beauty-obsessed over here at BasharaCare, so most of my resolutions are beauty based (OK, they all are). I’m going to share them anyway.
1. Always take off my makeup before bed – Pretty much everyone agrees that sleeping in your makeup is one of the worst things for your skin. But do we listen? Nope. Well, this year, I am making it a point to take a few extra minutes every night to remove my makeup. A two-phase makeup remover like Cellucur 2 Clean Eye will take off even the most stubborn mascara in seconds, so I have no excuses!
2. Stop biting my nails – I am terrible when it comes to growing my nails. I have been a nail-biter for years, but 2014 is the year that I will make a real effort to quit. It’s always easier to stop biting when your nails look pretty and are in good condition. A heavy-duty hand cream like Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream is an absolute must, while Neostrata Nail Conditioning Solution will transform dry, brittle, peeling nails into longer, stronger nails worth showing off.
3. Be more adventurous with my hair – I have been growing out my hair out for a while, but I am seriously tempted by all of the adorable short haircuts that are around at the moment. 2014 could definitely be the year I take the plunge. Shorter hair is easier to take care of and you can go a little crazier with your color. When I do get my hair cut, Philip B Oud Royal Perfect Finish Shaping Fiber will be my best friend. It’s perfect for defining a choppy cut while conditioning and adding volume and texture.
4. Start waxing instead of shaving – Choosing to wax instead of shave has so many advantages; mainly that the regrowth is thinner and takes much longer. It takes 4-6 weeks for the hair to grow back after waxing as opposed to just a couple of days with shaving. The problem is that I never have the time to go to the salon and get waxed. So I am going to try using Poetic Waxing Microwaveable Wax Kit by Bliss for an at-home wax. Bonus points for being able to wax my legs while I watch my favorite TV shows!
5. Take better care of my feet – Did you know that the human foot is made up of 19 muscles and 26 bones? That is a lot, especially when you consider how much time is spent standing on them! One of my resolutions is to be kinder to my feet. Experts say that a quick 10 minute foot massage before bed can make a big difference, and using a cream like Exuviance Heel Repair will give the added benefit of baby soft soles. This is especially important if ‘getting fit’ is one of your resolutions or you plan to take up jogging in the New Year!
Those are my beauty resolutions for 2014, what are some of yours?