As soon as summer ends, the winter social season begins, bringing along endless parties, barbecues and travel plans. While the rest of the world stays indoors due to freezing temperatures, those of us in the gulf are treated to a season of dining al fresco, fancy events, hanging out on the beach and exploring the region. As wonderful as this seems, the constant stream of partying can be really tiring. It’s when you’re tired that illness tends to strike, but who wants to stay home when there is so much to do outside? Follow our tips to make sure you stay in tip-top condition during the winter social season.
1. Moderation is key. If you’ve been feeling a little under the weather, it’s better to head home early than stay out and risk a low immune system. Plus, as the say goes, ‘always leave them wanting more’. Bow out early and tell them you have another engagement to head to, no one needs to know that you have an appointment with your pillows. If you are too amped to sleep, try the Lavender Calming Body Set by Dr. Organic to help you drift off.
2. Be smart. Being social usually means lots of handshaking and cheek kissing. To avoid catching germs, wash your hands throughout the day and try not to share utensils or drinks with anyone. A little hand sanitizer can do the trick in a pinch, but we love using a hydrating hand wash like Elemis Wild Lavender Hand Wash to keep our hands clean without stripping them dry.
3. Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water will help your body and skin stay healthy. If you’re traveling for the holidays, aim to drink at least one glass of water for every hour that you are in the air. Drinking lots of water while you are out will also prevent dehydration and headaches the next morning. Use Reviderm’s Hyaluron Hydro Balance to keep your skin hydrated and protect it from chilly weather.
4. Get moving. It’s easy to overdo it during the holidays. After all, everything is so delicious and it would be rude to say no. Keep things in check by ensuring you get a little bit of exercise, even if it’s just going out to walk off all the turkey and potatoes you’ve just eaten. If you simply don’t have the time to get out and workout, try Slendertone System Abs, which uses Electrical Muscle Stimulation to tone your abs without even heading to the gym.
5. Remove your makeup. This one’s more for you face than anything else. We all know how important it is to remove your makeup before bed. But during the busy social season, it is so easy to come home and pass out without even giving a second thought. Making a point to take off your makeup and wash your face before hitting the hay will save your skin and your pillowcases. Try keeping some cotton and a cleansing water like Lierac Demaquillant Douceur on your bedside table to quickly wipe off makeup before you sleep.
What are your tips for staying healthy during the party season?