Unless you’re rummaging through a mermaid’s medicine cabinet, you’ve probably never considered putting algae on your body. You may pause at the thought that the green, gooey substance you prefer to avoid while swimming in the sea might be the new skincare star, but the benefits are surprising and real.
The therapeutic use of sea derived ingredients such as algae extract offer many benefits for the skin. Algae extract can be very useful in revitalizing, toning and moisturizing the skin while producing the most radiant glow your skin has ever seen. Furthermore, these ingredients from the sea, when used in natural skin care products can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, cellulite, and acne all while improving the quality of your skin as a whole. Doesn’t that sound like a dream come true?
What is algae extract?
Algae extract is a natural (herbal) botanical extract that is obtained from a variety of natural resources especially seaweed, fungi and other mushrooms. With its powerful ability to retain moisture, this natural extract keeps skin hydrated while providing increased protection against harmful irritants.
How algae extract works?
It is believed that algae extract works by helping skin maintain its youthful appearance by inhibiting the formation of the enzyme collagenase, which causes the degradation of collagen. Therefore, it actually prevents further breakdown of collagen which naturally leads to increased and optimal quantities of collagen in your skin.
Some of the specific benefits Algae offer the skin include:
- Algae is a good source of Omega3 fatty acids– Omega 3 fatty acids help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They also prevent dryness and fight skin problems like eczema and acne.
- Algae regulates the production of sebum– The production of sebum is necessary for the skin to be moisturized and thereby prevent dehydration of the skin.
- Algae offers antioxidant properties– Free radical damage is the number one cause of skin aging. Algae helps fight free radicals and also help aid in the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential to having firmer skin.
- Sea nutrients such as Algae are loaded with essential minerals and vitamins. These offer regenerative, protective and intense rejuvenating properties to prevent the aging process while also repairing skin damage.
- Algae improves the skin’s immune system, is a free radical scavenger, and aids in skin restructuring, wrinkle reduction and tissue renewal. It also provides a protective film.
- Pure algae extracts also work to inhibit skin irritation and reduce oxidative stress to skin cells.
Mediterranean brown algae protects the skin against environmental damage and toxins which can adhere to the skin and saturate its natural defences. The arbutin then clarifies the skin, creating a lighter and more uniform tone.
Suitable for all skin types even the most sensitive ones, this antioxidant, anti-aging skin serum delivers real results. With regular use the Bionic Serum visibly improves and reduces fine lines, wrinkles and skin texture.
Repairs skin with corn peroxidised oil, which smoothes noticeably and brown algae, which soothes irritations. Your face will be regain its comfort, and the appearance will be more even and clear.