We’ve got Prianca Pradhan in the beauty hot seat this week. Prianca spends her days working on not one, but two magazines (including T Emirates), while her nights are spent sharing her own personal style as well as the latest fashion trends on her blog, fashionablyours.net. She also has a fondness for travel and is as comfortable taking in the fashion scenes of New York and Spain as she is taking a relaxing stroll along the gorgeous beaches of Dubai. We can’t wait to share this jet-setting beauty’s skincare secrets and tips, so let’s get started!
1. What does a normal day look like for you?
Hectic! I work on two magazines and a blog so there are 9-10 hour work days as well as events after work. Super hectic, actually.
2. How do you look after yourself? Do you work out, meditate, get massages, etc?
I don’t really work out because I find it boring but I dance and love Latin American ballroom- Salsa, Bachata, Samba, Merengue etc.
Oh and I’m always up for spa treats- it’s got to be my favorite thing to do.
3. What do you do to relax at the end of a long, stressful day?
Sleep! It’s the most underrated health & beauty treatment- and it’s free!
4. How would you describe your beauty personality? Low maintenance or high maintenance? An experimenter or loyal to one regimen?
I’m low maintenance I guess. But I’ve been religiously cleansing, toning and moisturizing since my college days- I’ve almost never missed a day… I also use a face scrub once a week.
I don’t like to experiment much with skin products because of the risk involved, with combination skin like mine. Having said that, as a blogger, I’ve had the opportunity to try quite a few products such as Elemis and Bliss, which have worked wonders for my skin. Even so, I prefer to be highly selective of the products I use.
5. What type of skin do you have?
Combination skin- It’s pretty tough to deal with.
6. Describe your morning beauty routine.
It’s just a splash of cold water with my herbal soap (I’ve been using the same brand for over 6 years now). I follow it up with another natural and light Aloe Vera moisturizer.
7. Describe your evening beauty routine.
It’s the normal Cleanse-Tone-Moisturize routine with a gentle scrub once a week.
8. Do you have any natural or DIY skincare or beauty remedies that you can share with us?
I use a homemade face mask of chick pea flour, honey and milk or else just a simple lime and honey paste sometimes (once in two weeks). When I get tanned or sunburnt, as I often do in Dubai, I use yogurt on my face to normalize my skin.
9. Who are your beauty role models?
My grandmother! She is in her seventies and is so gorgeous. Apart from the fact that she’s meticulous about her skin, she’s also a very happy person so that shines through, making her skin glow.
Happy girls are the prettiest indeed!
10. What is the best skincare or beauty advice that you’ve ever received?
Drink lots of water, get 8 hours of sleep and be happy!