If you’ve ever wondered how models have such glowing, flawless skin, the answer may be in their makeup primer. Face primers have gained a lot of popularity in the recent few years. A cosmetic primer is a cream or lotion applied before another cosmetic to improve coverage and lengthen the amount of time the cosmetic lasts on the face.
Face primers have the unique ability to fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Using primer as a layer between your skin and foundation provides the base necessary to create the appearance of perfect skin at any age for flawless looking skin.
There are a variety of primers available that can suit any skin type — they can be transparent or tinted, moisturizing or drying and specially formulated for different parts of the face. In fact, selecting the correct primer for your skin type or tone can be equally challenging as selecting the correct foundation. It might take a bit of trial and error to begin with.
Although it may seem daunting to add yet another step to your morning routine, you may find the results of using primer are well worth the few minutes spent applying it. By following the same application technique you use for your moisturizer, you can apply primer to your cheeks, eyes and lips. A little extra primer on the areas where color fades can eliminate powder touch-ups or blotting sessions later in the day.
Benefits of applying a skin primer
- Temporarily removes dark spots and sets the canvas for makeup coverage that lasts beyond the workday
- Improves texture and color-corrects the complexion
- Minimizes fine lines and pores
- Mattifies and prevent fading
- Serves as the 24-7 holding agent to your foundation
- Evens out skin tone
How to Use Face Primers
- Use them after you apply your moisturizer, allowing at least 5 minutes for the moisturizer to settle into the skin.
- Using a pea size amount of the primer and apply gently to the skin, paying attention to the under eye area. This will allow any under eye concealer to glide on smoothly.
- Then apply your concealer, foundation, or face powder as you normally would and see the results.
It can be as simple as that, so don’t wait any longer. Go from dull to darling in just a few seconds; try out a face primer for some instant beauty fixes.
Age Intervention Prime combines advanced anti-aging and antioxidant technologies with a light-weight primer. This combination delivers an immediate “airbrushed” effect with long-term skin rejuvenation results.
Filorga has reinvented BB cream, drawing from its medical-aesthetic expertise, and created an all-in-one perfecting cream that combines all of the key stages of your beauty ritual, from care to make-up: moisture, wrinkle and redness correction and a radiant complexion.
Refine your skin tone and mask any imperfections while controlling breakouts, reducing oil and minimising the appearance of pores for a perfectly matte finish! Start your day with a flawless canvas thanks to Murad’s Skin Perfecting Primer.