Who does not want smooth, healthy looking skin? We all do. This is where antioxidants come in. Incorporating the right antioxidants in to your diet as well as using products that contain antioxidants can have a positive effect on your skin. Antioxidants in skincare products can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of aging. From calming inflamed skin to tightening and toning, antioxidants offer great benefits from natural sources.
What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants are powerful substances that help to fight inflammation-containing substances in the body known as free radicals. Free radicals are emitted when your body breaks down food or taken in when your body is exposed to harmful irritants, such as cigarette smoke, pollution or radiation. Antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A or beta-carotene can be applied to the skin in order to reduce free radical damage.
When it comes to caring for your skin, antioxidants can help to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Unlike sunscreens and moisturizers, antioxidants can protect your skin from the inside out by guarding your cells from damage.
- Skin firming: One benefit of antioxidant skin care is skin firming. Antioxidants may actually reverse the effects of aging by improving skin health and rejuvenating its appearance. Coenzyme Q-10, or CoQ-10, is a common skin-firming antioxidant and is great for use in eye creams and products that are meant to tone the skin.
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles: Although it is nearly impossible to make wrinkles disappear, skin-care products with antioxidants can help plump out the skin and make it appear more youthful. Most antioxidants are great for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, but vitamins C and E are especially beneficial.
- Scar treatment: Reducing the appearance of scar tissue is another important benefit of antioxidants in skin care. Scar tissue has a different cell structure than that of healthy skin, making it rigid. Many types of antioxidants, including those found in aloe vera and an onion extract called allium, increase blood flow to scar tissue, minimizing the look of the scar and blending in the development of new skin.
- Repair of sun damage: We all know that too much sun is dangerous, but it can also be bad for your skin’s appearance, drying it out and damaging cells. Sun damage can make skin appear tough and wrinkly. Antioxidants that stimulate blood flow in the skin can help encourage the growth of new cells and make sun-damaged skin appear younger. Many antioxidant-rich beauty products are available for treating sun damage, including cleansers and moisturizers that you can use on your entire body.
Here are a few of the great products with antioxidants available on BasharaCare:
- Jan Marini Age Intervention Regeneration Mask : This concentrated mask resurfaces the skin to reveal a more luminous complexion.
- Exuviance Age Reverse Eye Contour : Brighten and tighten aging eyes for results in 4 weeks.
- Murad Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser : Clean pores for a healthy glow with pomegranate.